Quick enquiry
  • Thermopatch 2

Stamford plan ground change

Stamford AFC has been part of the Stamford scene since the late 1800s, and since that time has played at the Kettering Road ground (or Handson’s Field as it was originally known). However, the facilities at the ground need updating: the main stand for example was built around 1900. The Club has been working with the owner of the current ground, Burghley House Preservation Trust, to develop proposals to relocate the football ground to land off Ryhall Road.

 The redevelopment of the existing ground for housing would generate major funding to help deliver the relocation. Mark Flood, the planning consultant acting jointly for the Football Club and the Trust, comments that: “The Club and the Trust have been working closely for some time to put together this relocation package, but there is only so far we wish to go before consulting with the local community. We are therefore holding an exhibition of the proposals at Trinity Methodist Church in Stamford on 21 August between 3.30 pm and 9.00 pm. We hope that as many people as possible will call in to learn more about the work we have done so far, and to discuss the proposals. We want this feedback before considering the proposals further and then ultimately submitting planning applications.”

Web design by Brick technology Ltd.