Quick enquiry
  • Mitre June 17

Wrexham owner receives death threats

Wrexham FC co-owner Geoff Moss has admitted that he fears for his safety and could be forced to leave the country following death threats to him.

The crisis-hit Blue Square Conference side have not paid 115 members of staff and Moss said this week that the Welsh club have now run out of money.

 In a statement published in the Daily Post, Moss said: "We had mistakenly hoped a deal would have been concluded by now which would have resolved the situation.

"This has left us in a very difficult financial situation which we have highlighted several times recently.

"It is very regrettable - we have run out of money, it's not that we won't [pay the players], we just can't.

"I am afraid that for the sake of my family's safety in view of the death threats I have received, I may have to leave the country."

The Welsh club have fallen on hard times since being relegated from the English Football League and after being put up for sale it had been hoped that the Wrexham Supporters Trust could purchase the club. However their bid for the club is dependent on the cooperation of third parties and the takeover has stalled.

Moss is currently working hard to find funds to pay the players' wages and a £45,000 tax bill.

Matt Morris

Web design by Brick technology Ltd.