Quick enquiry
  • Vandanel

Bury thumped by Notts County as transfer embargo imposed

Football News 24­/7
League One strugglers Bury have been placed under a transfer embargo for a second time in three months.

They were initially handed the sanction by the Football League on 10 December having received a loan from the Professional Footballers' Assocation.

The embargo was lifted on 18 January once the loan had been repaid in full.

In a statement, commercial director David Manchester said Bury have again asked for assistance from the PFA to help with the club's ongoing expenses.

"Like many businesses at the moment, we have a temporary cashflow problem which we need help with in the short term," he said.

The Shakers, who are 22nd in League One and six points from safety, were hammered 4-1 by Notts County in Friday's televised game. The Shakers led 1-0 at the interval, but a four goal blitz saw the home side get back on track for a play-off place after a poor run themselves.

KN

Web Design Lancashire by Brickweb