Chorley who are in the Conference North play-offs announce new shirt sponsor
Staunch Magpie fan Simon Denham, who owns eBuild Joinery, initially scooped the top prize in the club’s fourth annual 200 Club draw, which was a sponsorship package worth £20,000.
But incredibly Simon donated the prize straight back to the club so it could be auctioned off to raise vital funds for ground improvements.
That led to a mini bidding war and Topflite Loft Conversions, the Magpies’ existing home shirt sponsors, eventually emerged triumphant with a winning bid of £10,000.
Manager Garry Flitcroft said: “It was an incredible gesture from Simon. He’s a big Chorley fan and I know what it would have meant to him to have his company name on the front of our home shirts next season.
“It meant we were able to raise an extra £10,000 on the night, which will go towards re-roofing the Duke Street stand.”
In recognition of eBuild’s generosity Chorley FC have awarded the company a training kit and tracksuit sponsorship package for the 2015/16 season.
The full list of winners from the fourth annual CFC 200 Club draw is as follows:
• 1st Prize - Home shirt sponsorship package – eBuild (Topflite won the package after an auction)
• 2nd - Platinum Sponsorship Package - Tysons Caterers
• 3rd - Gold Sponsorship Package - Envirocare
• 4th - Match Sponsorship - Topflite
• 5th - Match Sponsorship - Gaming Direct
• 6th - Match Sponsorship - Customtape
• 7th - Two Season Tickets – Algheros Restaurant
• 8th - Two Season Tickets - Lyndhurst Engineering
• 9th - Two Super Ten Books - QSP
• 10th - Chorley FC Ball and Shirt - Chorley Electrical