Ex Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers set for return to Swansea City
Former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is set to return to the top flight in the summer with former club Swansea City.
Rodgers, 43, has been out of the game since he was sacked by Liverpool in October following the Merseyside derby draw with Everton.
Swansea have been looking for a permanent boss since they parted company with Garry Monk last December.
They have Francesco Guidolin in charge until the summer but he is among possible candidates to replace Antonio Conte as Italy boss.
Conte is standing down after the European Championships this summer to take charge of Chelsea and Guidolin is keen on taking over.
The news was broken by the Sunday Express but is no shock as Rodgers had just under two years in charge at Swansea and led them into the Premier League for the first time in May 2011.
He recently said that he would be open to return to the Liberty Stadium and Express says it understands that a deal is already in place. Swansea are not safe from relegation but they only need a handful of points to be mathematically safe.
Rodgers has already started drawing up his list of players that he would like to tempt to south Wales when he starts his second reign in charge.
He is keen to start his recruitment early as the Swans look to put a disappointing season behind them.
Rodgers will take over the reins for the next season – even though he was installed last week as some bookies’ favourite to become the next England manager.